When Worlds Collide: The Columbian Exchange
How did European exploration negatively or positively affect Native Americans?
1. Columbus and the Europeans who followed him had little respect for Native American culture.
2. The Columbian Exchange is the cultural exchange between the Native Americans and the Europeans.
3. Europeans used Native American words for animals (moose, chipmunks, raccoons)
4. Native Americans helped nuewcomes to farm and hunt.
5. The way Native Americans lived influenced arts, sports and government (League of Iroquois)
6. European diseases killed many Native Americans.
7. Despite European influence, Native Americans continued to respect their traditions including respect for nature.
Come back soon! Remember to re-read and re-learn!
Return to Mayas, Aztecs and Incas Menu
Return to Main Page